When you've finally found your special person, everything burns a little brighter. Even though this sounds cliché, it totally fits the bill. It doesn't matter if you haven’t seen each other in a while – it’s almost like the minute that you’re together 👫 (and you get to see his smile 😀 up close), all of that disappears 💙.
It’s official. You're in it for the long haul. But does he feel the same?
There's nothing more nerve-wracking than figuring out whether or not your guy is just as serious about you. Even though you know that he adores you and loves ❤️ spending time 🕟 with you, you aren't sure if he's actually ready to commit to something more long term. And that freaks. You. Out. Before you panic, here's how you can tell that your man is ready to take the next step.
1. You Don't Have to Go out to Have a Good Time 👍
Staying in and catching up on your favorite Netflix shows is just as romantic 💝 as booking a reservation at that fancy French 🇫🇷 restaurant.
2. There Are No 🙅 Hidden Exes Waiting on the Sidelines
Because you guys have already talked about your previous relationships, you know that there's nothing to worry 😟 about. His exes are where they belong – in the past.
3. He Makes Long Term Plans Waaaay in Advance. He Also Doesn't Freeze 😨 when You Bring up the Future
He's not afraid to say things like "I can't wait to take you here for our anniversary next year" or "I can see us doing that when we're 30-40-50."
4. He Gets along with Your Family 👪 or Makes an Effort to Get to Know Them
Your family is important to you, which means that they are important to him.
5. You Have Your Own Special Handshake or Quirky Greeting ✌️
Who cares if your friends will forever judge you for it?
6. Your Relationship 👫 Would Survive Being Long Distance
If push came to shove and you were suddenly offered a job in another state or country, he'd do whatever it takes to make your relationship 💏 work.
7. You've Had the Money 💵 Talk 📲 (and No 😭 Tears Were Shed!)
Being in a serious relationship means being honest about how much money 💵 you both make and what you can contribute, finance wise.
8. Major Deal Breakers Have Already Been Accounted for
Are you more career driven 💼 while he's always pictured himself having at least three kids 👪? This is a conversation that you've had in extensive detail more than once - or have at least broached before.
9. He's Your Biggest Fan 🙌 and Vice Versa
He goes to all of your events, big or small, because he knows how much it means to you.
10. You Know What You Both Want in Bed 😉
You're also comfortable trying new things together.
11. You Don't Need to Stalk His Snapchat or Instagram Feed to See What He's up 👆 to
There's no 🚫 need to decode his messages; you know where your relationship 💏 stands.
12. You Push Each Other to Reach Your Goals 👊
Seeing how passionate you are about something motivates him to try just as hard.
13. You Have a Favorite Pizza Place🍕, Park Bench 🌳, Coffee Shop ☕ Where You Spend Most of Your Time
It might as well be your "place".
14. You Respect 🙇 Each Other's Views, Even if They're Drastically Different
If you can talk 💬 politics without it turning into a screaming match, he's a keeper.
15. You're Comfortable around Him, Even when You're Feeling Super Vulnerable 😟
He always makes you feel safe ✔️.
16. You Both Can't Remember What Life Was like before You Became a Couple 💏
(And you hope 🌠 you never have to 💓.)