We're all waiting for a guy who will text us first thing in the morning and right before we go to bed at night, but it's also important to do it in return. After all, why should he put in tons of effort if you're not going to do the same in return?
Of course, not any text message will work though. Here are a few of the sweetest goodnight texts for him to make him head over heels crazy for you. He's going to absolutely love the effort you put in.
1. I Hate Going to Sleep, Because It’s Eight Hours I Have to Spend Away from You
This one is sure to make him gush. He's going to go crazy over your effort when you throw this one out there.
2. I Hope Your Dreams Are as Sweet as You Are
This is a corny compliment, but it's still super cute. There's no way a guy can resist a girl who throws some cheesy compliments at him.
3. Unfortunately, My Dreams Could Never Be Better than My Reality with You
Sure, this one is cheesy too, but, it definitely has that love appeal you might be trying to go for. And if not, at the very least I bet it'll get him to smile when he reads it.
4. I Wish You Were Here to Snuggle with Me
We all have a man who we would rather cuddle with than have sex. Sure sex is nice, but sometimes it's even better to lay in someone's arms and talk and just be close to them. Added bonus: This one is to the point and adorable.
5. My Bed Seems so Empty without You in It
Another one that's to the point but still extremely cute to tell him. I'm sure it'll get him thinking all sorts of ideas (if that's what you're in to).
6. I Can’t Wait until Morning, Because It Means I Get to See You
You give him something to look forward to. This one is great for LDRs because it means you'll finally be reunited.
7. I Couldn't Sleep until I Heard from You One Last Time
How adorable is this?! No words... just cuteness.
8. Thinking about You is Going to Keep Me up All Night
This could be sweet thoughts or naughty thoughts, the decision on where this line takes the convo is up to you...
9. I Can’t Wait until the Days when We Fall Asleep Together
This one is a heavy hitter. You're basically saying you can't wait to spend your life with him-or at the very least move in together-so make sure you break out these big guns when it's appropriate.
10. You’re Always the Last Thing I Think about before I Fall Asleep
Sweet. Simple. Considerate. The list could go on and on with adjectives for this statement. Whatever you choose, just know he'll probably appreciate the effort.
11. It’s Impossible to Sleep without Your Body Next to Mine
It's always more comfortable when someone you love is next to you, letting him know that will make him appreciate the times you do get to be asleep together even more. He'll feel awesome knowing you feel so safe and secure in his arms.
12. Is It Weird if I Pretend My Pillow is You?
Every girl hugs a pillow and thinks of cuddling a particular guy. This text is cute and funny and I'm sure he'll love the idea that you miss him that much.
13. I’ll See You in My Dreams Tonight
This text will let him know he's always on your mind. What greater sentiment can you give?
14. I Want You Here when I Wake up in the Morning
This is a way to hint you're ready for the next step in the relationship without having to have the awkward conversation about it. Telling him you want him there when you wake up will let him know you're ready for more. Just remember though, depending on the type of relationship you've already established, this may or may not scare him away.
15. My Blankets Aren’t Warm Enough, but I Know You’d Be
They say body heat is the best way to warm someone up, just be prepared for this goodnight text to him to take a dirty turn! I know he won't be able to resist that.
16. Instead of Counting Sheep, I’m Counting the Reasons Why I Love You
You'll sound adorable telling him this because you'll be able to start telling him all the things you love and appreciate about him before you fall asleep. I'm sure he'll go to sleep happy knowing the million reasons why you love him.
17. Goodnight, Baby. I Love You
This is straight to the point, but it still means a whole lot. Imagine if you got this text before bed; you'd probably love it! Don't underestimate the sensitivity of a man; just because they aren't outward with it doesn't mean they won't love it.
What's the sweetest goodnight text that you've ever gotten or received? Share in the comments and maybe I'll add it to the list!